Events will be announced in no particular order. Live video from Facebook included, and detailed description for each division below.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WAS A CHANGE MADE TO REP SCHEME AND TIME CAP FOR THIS WORKOUT AFTER THE ORIGINAL VIDEO WAS MADE, BUT WE HAVE SINCE PROVIDED AN UPDATED VIDEO BELOW AND ACCURATE REPS AND TIME CAP NOTED BELOW
The Twisted Twins
- 16 minute time cap
- 15-10-5 rep scheme, with a buddy carry/wheelbarrow/handstand walk at the end of each round
- Pairs are male-female, male-female. The first male-female pair begins, and at “3, 2, 1, GO,” they begin their first movement together. Athletes must maintain movement standards and synchronization standards for good reps. Athletes will complete 15 reps of each movement, then complete their buddy carry/wheelbarrow/handwalking, then run back to rig to begin the second sets of 10 reps of each movement and so on. Once athlete complete their final sets of 5 and finally buddy carry/wheelbarrow/handwalk, they must make their way to the finish line for time. Pair two then begins the exact same thing for a second time. If pair two hits the time cap, they will be penalized 1 second for each rep not completed.
- synchronized hanging knee-raises
- synchronized burpees
- synchronized thrusters (35/65lbs)
- buddy carry (50 feet down, 50 feet back) at end of each round
- synchronized toes-to-bar
- synchronized burpees
- synchronized thrusters (65/95lbs)
- wheelbarrow (50 feet down, 50 feet back) at end of each round
- synchronized toes-to-bar
- synchronized bar-facing burpees
- synchronized thrusters (95/135lbs)
- handstand walking (30 feet down, 30 feet back) at end of each round
Standards – Please note that because this workout involves synchronized movements, BOTH athletes must hit movement standards and they must ALSO hit synchronization standards for rep to count.
- hanging knee raises: Athlete must begin hanging from rig with feet behind vertical plane. Athletes must bring knees up above the 90 degree mark (above hip crease) to complete rep.
- synchronization: Judges will be watching the top of the knee raises for simultaneous completing of the rep
- toes-to-bar: Athlete must begin hanging from rip with feet behind vertical plane. Athlete must touch any part of both shoes to bar simultaneously, in between hands, to complete rep.
- synchronization: Judges will be watching for both athletes to simultaneously touch feet to bar to complete the rep.
- burpees: Athletes must being standing, then descend until chest makes contact with ground. Athlete must ascend, and with feet shoulder-width or closer, show extension of hips and knees, with a jump with hands overhead to complete rep.
- synchronization: Judges will be watching for chests to touch simultaneously, but rep is not complete until both athletes ascend and jump as noted in movement standard.
- bar-facing burpees: (you guys can thank Luke for this change) Athletes must being standing on the same side of the same barbell, then descend until chest makes contact with ground. Athlete must ascend, and jump over barbell to complete rep (these are just like they were at 2016 Regionals).
- synchronization: Judges will be watching for chests to touch simultaneously, but rep is not complete until both athletes ascend and jump over barbell to complete the rep.
- thruster: Athletes must begin rep in a full front squat position with elbows in front of barbell (you can squat clean the first rep or power clean then being descent). Athlete must then ascend, and show full extension of knees, hips and elbows at the top. Athlete must also show ears in front of extended arms (put your head through the window) at the top to complete rep. (*SCALED WOMEN, if you drop the empty barbell, the rep will not be counted – please set down with care).
- synchronization: Judges will be watching athletes to synchronize at full extension at the top to complete rep.
- buddy carry: Athletes must begin behind start line. Athletes movement only counts as long as ONE athletes feet are on the ground (so if your partner comes down, you can’t advance until you pick them back up). Either athlete is permitted to carry/be carried every time. Athletes must pass the 50 foot mark with both feet, then turn around the come back passing the start line to finish the buddy carry.
- wheelbarrow: Athletes must begin behind start line. Athletes movement only counts as long as ONE athletes feet are on the ground and ONE athletes hands are on the ground (if your partners arms give out, or a leg gets dropped, you can’t advance until wheelbarrow position is regained). One athlete must do the first 50 feet on hands, the other athlete must do the second 50 feet on hands (we don’t care who goes first or second). Athletes must BOTH pass the 50 foot mark, then turn around and come back passing the start line to finish the wheelbarrow.
- handstand walk: Athlete one must begin with feet behind start line. Only one athlete works at a time. Athlete must kick to handstand position and walk on hands for 30 feet. If athlete falls or comes down, their HANDS must restart where their HANDS left off). Athlete must pass the 30 foot mark, then athlete two will complete the same thing coming back, completing the handstand walk after passing the start line with hands. We don’t care who goes first or second, as long as one athlete goes down and the other comes back.