Events will be announced in no particular order. Live video from Facebook included, and detailed description for each division below.
The Sideshow Squats
- 18 minute time cap
- Male-male pair begins, and at “3, 2, 1, GO,” the men begin their wallballs. Each movement can be split up in any way the pair chooses (if one athlete wants to complete all reps in their entirety, that’s fine). Once the men complete their wallballs and move to station 2 (hand-release push-ups, HSPU), then women may begin their wallballs. Once men complete their final movement (front squats), they must both proceed to the finish line. In the event that women “catch up” to men, they must wait until the men complete reps and move on before they begin that particular movement (men and women can never work on the same movement at the same time). Once women complete the final squat reps, they proceed to the finish line for a single team time/score. For any teams that do not complete the workout, they will be stopped at the 18 minute mark and 1 second will be added to their time for each rep NOT completed.
- 60 wallballs (10/14lbs)
- 60 modified hand-release push-ups (on knees)
- 60 alternating goblet lunges (18/26lb kettlebells)
- 60 box jumps/step-ups (20/24 inches)
- 30 front squats (65/95lbs)
- 60 wallballs (14/20lbs)
- 60 handstand push-ups
- 60 pistol squats
- 60 box jump overs (20/24 inches)
- 30 squat cleans (125/185lbs)
- 60 wallballs (14/20lbs)
- 60 deficit handstand pushups (2 inches or 25lbs plates/6 inches or 25lb AND 45lb plates)
- 60 pistol squats
- 60 box jump overs (24/30 inches)
- 30 squat cleans (155/225lbs)
- Wallballs: Athlete must begin with wallball in squat position (can pick up and descend into squat, or squat clean) with hip crease below knee crease at the bottom. Athlete must ascend tossing wallball to 10 ft. target (men and women). Wallball must make contact with the front of the target (not the bottom edge) to complete the rep. Do not “bounce” wallballs between reps.
- Hand-release push-ups on knees: Athlete must begin in a modified plank position (on knees). Judges will be looking for a straight body line at hips. Athlete will descend until their chest touches the ground, release hands from the ground briefly, then push-up to show full elbow extension at the top and straight body line simultaneously for a complete rep.
- Handstand push-ups: Athlete must begin in a handstand position (not permitted to begin with head on the ground). Athlete will descend until head touches ground, then push-up until athlete shows full arm extension, straight body line, and control at the top. Lack of control (aka, falling off wall before arms extend) will result in a no-rep. Athlete may kip or do strict.
- Deficit handstand push-ups: Athlete must begin in a handstand position with hands on plates (not permitted to begin with head on the ground). Athlete will descend until head touches ground, then push-up until athlete shows full arm extension, straight body line, and control at the top. Lack of control (aka, falling off wall before arms extend) will result in a no-rep.
- Alternating goblet lunges: Athlete must begin with kettle bell held with both hands, in contact with chest. Athlete must step forward for lunge, tapping back knee to the ground and bringing feet back together to complete rep. Athlete must alternate legs.
- Pistol squats: Athlete must begin by standing on a single leg, then descend into a single-leg squat position with hip crease below knee crease. Non-working leg must be in front of athlete’s body. Athlete must then ascend to show full extension of squatting leg AND control before next rep. Athletes are NOT required to alternate legs.
- Box step-ups: Athletes must step up (on straight edge – not corner), with both feet making contact simultaneously with top of box. At the top, athlete must exhibit complete knee and hip extension while feet remain on the box, then jump or step back down.
- Box jump overs: Athletes must jump with two feet onto top of box (on straight edge – not corner). Rep is complete when athletes land on the other side. Athletes are NOT required to show full extension at the top. Hands may NOT make contact with box. These jumps may be forward-facing or lateral.
- Front squats: Athlete must begin in a full standing position with barbell in front rack position and elbows in front of barbell. Athletes must descend to show hip crease below knee crease in a squat position, then ascend to show full extension of hips and knees for a complete rep.
- Squat cleans: Athlete must begin each rep from the floor, catching barbell in a squat position with hip crease below knee crease. Athlete MUST be actively descending or in the bottom of the squat when barbell is caught (not permitted to do a power clean, then front squat). To complete rep, athlete must ascend and show full extension of knees and hips with elbows slightly in front of barbell.